http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html [chinese blood, irish heart] - DEFUNCT: Lovely quote on Ireland...

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Lovely quote on Ireland...

An article from the paper I work for:

...But despite what many of Beijing's black residents feel is increasing discrimination, few say it is bad enough to make them leave China.

"When I lived in Ireland, I had eggs thrown at my house, dogs set on me and stones hurled at me by kids. You don't get that in Beijing," said Ama, a 29-year-old Ghanaian-Irish teacher. "I feel a lot safer here than I did in Ireland. There's a lot of racism, but it's because people ... don't know anything about Africa."

It'd make more sense if it was 'Northen' Ireland. But alas, I'm not surprised to hear something like that happening in the good 'ol Republic.

Labels: