http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html [chinese blood, irish heart] - DEFUNCT: It's all about the organisers says, police says, bullshit

Monday, October 08, 2007

It's all about the organisers says, police says, bullshit

Goddamn it I hate when the media quote from both sides when it comes to numbers... is it not coincidental that police's numbers are always remarkably lower than what organisers say? Who's the antagonist here? And what's the logic between the constant battle of numbers?

Take the case for the universal suffrage rally today - in which I ironically missed because I was covering the other side - 5-thousand something say organisers and police put it at 4,500. Either way it is much smaller than expected - which is a shame.

Every time I here newscasters say something like "Organisers put the numbers at xx..." and I'm like ooh, I wonder what the police have to say... yep, much lower. Seriously, what is the point. Every media organisation should hire special 'people counters' for scenarios like these. Then we'll see how the numbers measure up! Lazy fucks.


Photo knicked from KC Snapshot

Labels: