http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html [chinese blood, irish heart] - DEFUNCT: A mid-spring's day dream

Sunday, April 03, 2005

A mid-spring's day dream



That venerable tree outside my bedroom window has been bare since October. But now it's starting to grow leaves again. Spring time means new beginnings and shedding past grievances.
These last few months will mark a beginning of the end of my student life. Once again, close friends of mine will be departing on their own seperate ways. Although we will try every effort to stay in touch, no matter the distance, things just won't be the same. I will sorely miss those that I've been there for, and of those who've been there for me. I know we all must move on and stop clinging to the past. But the past has left so many holes and they must be filled before moving on.
When college ends in June, I'll be kicked out into the big bad world of careers, mortgages, insurances and other mundane stuff. I'll miss being a student and all its benefits!
I've already had my big share of 'what are your plans after college?' etc. I wow them with my plan to travel around Europe, Russia and Asia this summer but it's just all talk. I have yet to draft a good plan and more importantly the funds that I'll need. Why? I can't even figure myself out much less trying to plan this gigantic trip. I really do envy those that have it all sorted out.
Travelling's my passion and I do it alone mostly so I can do some inner soul searching. But no matter how many times I seem to find myself, things change back very quickly. It just seems that i'm trying to escape something that's inescapable. Maybe it's not me that i've been trying so hard to search for, it's that someone else.

#I've been searching a long time
For someone exactly like you
I've been travelling all around the world
Waiting for you to come through

Someone like you, makes it all worth while
Someone like you, keeps me satisfied
Someone exactly like you

I've been travellin' a hard road
Lookin' for someone exactly like you
I've been carryin' my heavy load
Waiting for the light to come shining through

I've been doin' some soul searching
To find out where you're at
I've been up and down the highway
In all kinds of foreign lands

I've been all around the world
Marching to the beat of a different drum
But just lately I have realised
The best is yet to come

'Someone like you' by Van Morrison.