http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html [chinese blood, irish heart] - DEFUNCT: 'Tis the winter of my... content

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

'Tis the winter of my... content

Well, I wouldn't go so far as saying discontent, but it's been pretty uneventful the past few weeks. My last minor flare-up was the only real stirrup and going to Vietnam the second time was hardly inspiring.
We've finally finished our submission for the IFVA (International Short Film Festival), with all new improved features! Nah, just a few extra interviews and cutaways. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it for a while. Editing the same thing is like eating the same sandwich over and over again. You just want to change your taste for a while you know?
Sad Diane To has left our ATV News. She was always the clown (and I mean that in the most respectful way) of the office. But she's gone onto better things now... such as staying in her pj's all through the afternoon.. but hey I go to work at three so I can't say much!
It's one of those 'dry-spells' again where the monotony of normal living just slaps you in the back of the head now and again. Sure it's not too bad but it does get you thinking about where you want to go and what you want to do in life and all that pondering.
For the moment, I'll relish in my hard-fought but puny 7-day annual leave when I go back to Ireland for Christmas. I do miss home and everyone else. Seeing how I live here and what I do now makes me wonder about how it's all connected to me leaving home in the first place. Well, the immediate future's blurry but cautiously safe I'd say.