http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html [chinese blood, irish heart] - DEFUNCT: Thought of the day

Monday, June 06, 2005

Thought of the day

Worried about going to NY..
Under The US's 'Visa Waiver' progamme, we don't need to apply for visas when staying in the US for less than 90 days.
I did however go and apply for a B-1 business visa because I will be working, well unofficially because it's an internship and not actual employment. But I got rejected because of some stuipid minor problem. But anyway the consular officer advised me to get a J or H visa which in the end I realised did not suit me.
Bloody hell I should've never applied for that damn visa then I wouldn't been in this mess.
But fuck it anyway, I'm still going via the normal tourist status. Either way I want get out of this forsaken cesspool and go see NY in all it's glory. Haven't been there in 8 years.
But this new problem I found is that people who were previously denied a visa are not eligible for this Visa Waiver thingy, meaning I would need to apply for a visa to visit the US!
I'll know for sure on Tuesday when I ring up the embassy or whoever as tommorow's a bank holiday.
There's been nothing but obstacles so far. To be honest i'm quite nervous about going to NY to do this thing- I have no idea what to expect at this internship, I haven't found accomodation, I don't have any friends there and of course this whole poxy visa thing.
This whole thing has been hounding me for the past 2 weeks, but I will know for sure when i get some answers on Tuesday.
But all this waiting is pissing me off- waiting to know whether my summer plans will be ruined or not..