http://www.hiradio.net/images/action/124_hiradio.html [chinese blood, irish heart] - DEFUNCT: Christmas cleaning

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas cleaning

Quite embarrassing when I got home for the first time last week, I forgot where the kitchen lights were! Mom wasn't impressed...
I guess I was mentally prepared when I left for HK - I was all ready to leave everything behind and try my luck elsewhere. I am glad to be home of course, though my cold puts a dampener on things. It's possibly the reason why I've been sleeping/napping so much lately, didn't exactly fully partake in all the Xmas festivities. Can't exactly put my finger on it but this year's home-coming feels a little out of place. It's like there's something left undone or maybe I've changed?

Yesterday I visited my first cousins, and it has been years since I've seen them in person and set foot in their house. They live quite near actually, and I always hung out at their 'cooler' home when we were kids. But due to some unforseen family feuds, our relationship suffered behind-the-scenes. But now we put it all behind us and it was good to get to know them again. Hopefully we can get a nice game of paintball before I leave, good 'ol family fun!
I also cleaned out my room, all the junk and clutter just had to go. It was like destroying all proof that I had lived there. Soon, it'll become a spare room. I did manage to find a bunch of my old correspondence letters and journals I've saved up over the years. I admire how they took the time to write so much (and so neatly!) despite the convenience of e-mail. But we've lost touch of each other by now, and it's quite a shame really. We all just decided to stop one day, or maybe found it unsustainable anymore. Maybe I should write them all again one last time for the sake of manners?
All in all, I'm just glad to have this chance to zone out and spend a quiet holiday languishing at home, eating up all the surplus chocos and crisps. After all, no drinking!!!!!! argh
In fact, I think I've spent most of my time sleeping so far. I guess I'm trying to make up for all those sleeping hours I've lost in the past few weeks.